Microsoft's recent restrictive licensing practices with Windows XP and continued integration with Digital Rights Management software (we control what you do) has called into question how long Microsoft will be a consumer-friendly product.
- Apple OS X - the most popular desktop alternative
- ReactOS - an open source implementation of Windows.
Note relevant links in User Interface which include UI blunders made by various Windows applications.
- Windoze / Windoos
- Win Those
- Wintendo - Nintendo reference
- Winders / Winderz
Microsoft Boss Calling:
- Bill Aids
- Bi Gay
- Billy Boy Gaytes
- One Bill Gay
- Adolf Gates
- Bill Hitler
- Freeware Nazi
- Microsoft's Really Hidden Files
- The Microsoft Windows Refund Newsletter - Avoiding "the Microsoft tax"
- Annoyances.org - Annoyances.org is the most complete collection of information assembled for and by actual users of Microsoft Windows.
- "Suddenly Everything Sucks" - A cut-and-paste + Spiderman job on a very visible Windows XP ad.
- 404 Error / Blue Screen Of Death
- Galactc Downloads - Look at the wallpaper on the bottom - called Galactic Defenders Windows. In fact, while you're there, try signing the guestbook with any windows quotes-u-like
- The Halloween documents - Confidential documents by Microsoft about their strategy against Linux. Proven authentic.
- "Why I hate Microsoft" - A personal analysis on Microsoft. Links to various sources included.
- "Please do not port software to Windows!" - An argument for not porting software to Windows.
- How Microsoft pokered with Apple on BASIC (Visual BASIC) - Neither BASIC nor Visual BASIC were inventions from Microsoft
- NSA backdoor in Windows 2000 and all earlier versions: How NSA access was built into Windows.
- Anti Winblows Reports and Surveys, up to date
"What you want to do, and more, is now possible." - A direct quote from the install of Windows 95c