See also: File Sharing
"A peer-to-peer client, designed from ground up to support a large number of networks and protocols, including those usually not found in multi-network P2P clients, such as FTP, HTTP, Newsgroups, IRC. Naturally, all "normal" P2P networks will be supported as well, such as eDonkey/eMule, DirectConnect, Bittorrent, Ares, etc." (From Slyck info page)
Hydranode is a modular, plugin-driven and core/gui separated multinetwork peer-to-peer client, currently supporting eDonkey2000 and Bittorrent protocols.
- Ergonomic, easy-to-use and visually appealing user interface
- Modular plugin-driven architecture
- Built-in shell functionality
- Background daemon mode (only on Linux)
- Support for eDonkey2000 and Bittorrent networks
- Support for controlling the core remotely
- Open source code, licenced under GNU GPL
- Runs on Windows and Linux, Mac port in progress
Latest Version v0.3 Changes
- Graphical User Interface
- Support for up to 512 connections on Windows
- Support for files up to 4GB on Windows
- Support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 limitations (half-open connections)
- eDonkey protocol improvements: better UDP and A4AF handling, improved performance
- Bittorrent multi-tracker support
- Download for Windows and Linux/x86.
- Source code is also available (requires Boost headers).
- Developer's Daily Diary
- Wiki and Development Center