IA Wiki Culture
By the second half of 2003, editorial patterns for this wiki were emerging. At this time the wiki was recognised as being within the top 30 wikis by size. Distributed collaboration combined with the broad and dynamic nature of a wiki makes it difficult to define cultural elements, although the following subtopics may help to analyse important social interactions.
- /History - A list of important Wiki events
- /Discussion - An archive of big Wiki discussions
- Copyright Term Reform/Past Events - An archive of collective accomplishments
- I listen to music when I read. I put music on when I sit down in front of the wiki. When the music stops, I rarely notice. -- Sy
- Isn't it hilarious when you get an edit conflict removing graffiti? -- Sy
- I and many other authors tend to blurt out what they have in mind for a topic. Then, either someone comes back and edits their work or they return and edit their own. As a consequence, no one (or few) people actually write well by nature but by trial and error. Webfork