- Most downloads are small, only a 10-100 kilobytes and do not take long to download or install.
- Some plugins are in the early stages of development and damage the browser or prevent start up. Please note the front page for any warnings.
- Most plugins require the browser be re-started. If you would like to see the effects of your tool without losing a number of tabs, select "Bookmarks" - "Bookmark this Group of Tabs" and then restart the browser and select that bookmark.
- Web Developer - a must-have tool with extensive controls for images, text, validators, forms, and much more. Available for Firefox and Mozilla.
- IE View Viewing pages specifically written for Internet Explorer? View pages or right-click on links to look at in the other browser. (Windows only)
- PNH Developer Toolbar - an additional toolbar containing a collection of tools that web page builders may find helpful. Among them: hide & show style sheets, apply your own external style sheet, highlight many HTML elements, resize Window to specific dimensions for testing, highlight form information, and view page cookies.
- LiveHTTPHeaders adds information about the HTTP headers - Provides help debugging web applications, allows you to see which kind of web server the remote site is using, and lets you see the cookies sent by remote site.
- Checky - a front-end to many different free and commercial online validaton and analysis services that can help users build better Web pages.
- Backup - A tool for backing up all e-mail and other browser elements sorely missing from Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Enigmail - enable secure e-mail using PGP/GPG (must have GPG installed, see the help section). A tutorial is also available.
- BookSync - for quickly synchronizing bookmarks in different locations
- RefSpoof - Referrer Spoofing (partly available in PrefBar) allowing enhanced privacy.
- Leech - download an entire page/site. A front-end for the "wget" command.
- MultiZilla - Powerful tabbed-browsing tool that has only been partly integrated into Mozilla. Download this plugin for more features.
- Diggler - clear current URL or search sub-directories quickly as well as dig through remote Web site directories and FTP connections.
- Linky - want more power over what loads up when you click on a link? Right-click and get a menu with a variety of loading options.
- Optimoz project - Provides Mouse Gestures allowing faster execution of common commands such as Back, Forward, Bookmarks (...) with slight mouse movents, and a Radial context menu replacement.
- Mycroft - Increasing choice of your favorite default search engine.
- NewsAlert - Get breaking news from various sites in Mozilla
- CardGames - a single extension that includes a number of card games for you to play
- Linky - Opens all links in a selection in new tabs or windows, Finds and opens links in plain text in a new tab or window, Opens all links on page in new tabs or windows, Download all links, etc.
- Bookmarklets - free tools to help with repetitive or otherwise impossible tasks in your web browser. For instance, allowing the loading all images linked from a page (great for thumbnail galleries), zappig plugins, showing hidden form fields, sorting table columns, etc. A variety of nifty tools for different browsers, including Netscape 4.79, Opera and IE.
- QuickPrefs - a right-click menu for faster access to preferences without using yet another toolbar.
- Adblock - extensions containing an easy to use ad-blocker
Over time, some of the above extensions may be included or partially included in Mozilla by default:
- NeedleSearch - integrated into Mozilla, but more information on customizing searching from the toolbar is found here.
- SpellChecker - already added into Mozilla's core as of 1.4.1 and is already a part of the standalone Thunderbird mail client. Taken from the OpenOffice spell-checking tool. Note: tested and very useful.