Ogg means the container for multimedia data. It can contain allmost every coded data, but usually it will be vorbis (a lossy codec), FLAC (lossless), Speex (8-32kHz sampling, ~ 8-15kbps) or Theora in the future.
The growing list includes:
- Ogg Vorbis - a true replacement for proprietary MP3 and WMA audio file.
- Ogg Theora - free and open video solution
- FLAC - a lossless audio compression
- Speex - for Internet Telephony
- IceCast - an audio broadcast system
- Tremor - a Vorbis integer-decoder engine
This list is not exhaustive.