An internet user who posts messages deliberately degenerating a discussion. They may post numerous and often contradictory messages aiming to entice newbies into a heated discussion. Typical trollic posts will contain:
- Killer phrases - i.e. "Linux sucks"
- Lack real supporting evidence - i.e. "your operating system is slow and everyone knows it"
- Engage in ad hominem attacks - i.e. "you're an idiot, you suck at everything"
- Poison the well - i.e. "you Windows users can't possibly understand anything in computers"
- -isms - i.e. Racism, Sexism, Nationalism, etc.
They also tend to be rambling, dischordant, lengthy, and/or poorly written.
Also: Trolling (verb)
- The Troll Thesis: A unique social movement? - itself probably to some extent a troll - "Simple Vandals or a Unique Social Movement? - A Psycho-Sociological Discourse on Internet Trolls"
Note to moderators: to stay true to the topic of the page, please try to keep this page under about 500 words.