(I'm busy. This is out of date.)
My nickname is dpi but i prefer to be called (just) Jeroen ("Jarone") as that is my first name. Unfortunately for me, i cannot use Jeroen as nickname on the Internet because that wouldn't be practical; its one of the 3 most popular names in my country hence i'm looking for an additional, less common first name. Sometimes i also prefer to be semi-anonymous. I do not consider myself an anarchist and do not consider anyone i know who considers him- or herself an anarchist being one. I do see anarchism as Perfect or as a guideline but unfortunately also impractical -- at best, impractical as a revolution changing the current systems. Rather, i suggest we improve the current systems based on what is, what we know, what we are to become more enlightened in the literal sense of the word. It is my wish that after i passed away, i as one of the many individuals on this planet have (in)directly made a valuable contribution to this process which i see as an evolution or ecosystem. Currently, i am a regular contributor to Indymedia.nl, various FOSS and grassroot projects, enjoying various Temporary Autonomous Zones, and i am employed in the Tech field. As a final note, i prefer to enjoy life.
[I'll add my home page -which contains Art, theory and information- later when i have more bandwidth available. Unrelated to that: I am interested in scalable alternatives for NFSv3. Has anyone tried GFS (Red Hat's GPLed Global File System for the Linux kernel) already?]
I also like...
- Culture: Amsterdam, Art, Austria, Cooking, Cypherpunk, Hippie, Hungary, infoAnarchy, IRC, Mountain Biking, Party, Pioneers, Psychedelic drugs, Sayings, Social Engineering, Squat, Sziget, Tinkering, Utrecht, Vegan, Vegetarian, Wiki.
- Drugs: Caffeine, MDMA, THC.
- Media: ANSI Art | Generative Art, Free radio, Grassroot, Humor, Information Age, Literature, Poetry, Psychedelic Art, Reporter, Visualization.
- Music: Ambient, Chipmod, Drum and Bass, Goa, Minimal, Noise, Punk, Tekno, Trance (mostly UK Trance and pre-2000 work).
- Philosophy: Anonimity, Automation, Autonomy, Capability-based security, Censorship, Clarke, Cognition, Collaboration, Condorcet, Creativity, Drugs, Eben Moglen, Education, Enlightenment, Free radio, Free speech, Hakim Bey, History, Imagination, IPv6, Kant, KISS, Liberal, Logic, Mathematics, OpenVMS, Packard, Progression, Psychology, Public Domain, Reverse engineering, Science, Sociology, Spirituality, Technology, Temporary Autonomous Zone, Theory, Wisdom.
- Technology: Bitlbee, C, CARP, Console, Debian, Emulator, Epiphany, FPS, Freedesktop.org, GNOME, Icecast2, IRIX, Irssi, LDAP, Mutt, Nicotine, Ogg Vorbis, OpenGL, OpenSSH, PF, PowerDNS, Python, Quake2, Screen, SGI, SPARC, Usenet, WiFi.
..and i dislike...
- Culture: BOFH, Depression, God, Gothic, Groklaw, Microsoft, Propaganda, Satanism, Social networking, Spam, Trolls, Wikipedia.
- Drugs: Amphetamine.
- Media: Hollywood, Mass media, Sexism.
- Music: Dark Ambient, Dark Goa, Listening to metal for more than 30 minutes and other music which gives me a headache, like Children of Bodom.
- Philosophy: Censorship, Dictatorship, Discrimination, DRM, Dystopia, Government, Law, Monarchy, Oligarchy, Oppression, Plutocracy, Software patent, Trusted Computing.
- Technology: CIFS, Cisco, Cpp, DirectX, Halls Of The Dead, Microsoft, Moore's Law, MSN, NAT, Sun Microsystems, Virus, Windows, Worm.
..and i'd like to do (more)...
- DJing, VJing, Mountain Biking, Meditation, Starting my own company, Experimenting with psychedelic drugs, learn Dvorak and buy some Cool stuff.
..and not, or less...
I know about several seem-to-be inconsistencies in the above, but it ain't as black versus white as it might seem at first glance. There's a lot of pragmaticism and background behind most entries and i left out a lot of doubtable elements already. For example, i don't like Theo Deraadt's social skills (or rather the lack of these), but i do admire his honesty and OpenBSD-related work. I have similar opinions regarding Richard Stallman, Dan Bernstein, Jonathan Schwartz and Pamela Jones yet i added Groklaw, Sun Microsystems and Wikipedia because they tend to be hot items and i have criticism to various specific parts of their culture and behaviour. Did i already mention i hated DECs marketing and management department? In case you haven't noticed, almost all entries are sorted alphabetically. Thanks to ABliss for the awesome concept of formatting. Oh and yes, i am a dreamer with a down-to-earth destination as it is my opinion that improves (my) life. ZzZz.
What i'm looking forward...
..add to that some of the above red entries.
Feel free to edit obvious typo's or spam and feel free to discuss on...